Clinical Sample Handling Specialist Team Leader
|Title:||Clinical Sample Handling Specialist Team Leader|
|Job Status:||Full-time, Benefited|
Celerion, a leading international research organization, seeks a fulltime Clinical Sample Handling Specialist Team Leader to join of Phoenix clinical team. Demonstrating strong leadership and people management stills as well as well-honed project management abilities, this position leads our biological sample handling processes from collection to shipment. Our team leader ensures that team maintains proper custody and integrity processes and fulfills our clients' expectations.
Essential Functions include:
- Prepare samples for shipment to meet predetermined shipping milestones in regards to:
- Sample Labeling
- Sample Verification
- Preparation of sample paperwork, including all SOP required sample tracking, standard or customized manifest creation, accurate deviation reporting and cover letter creations
- Pack and ship biological samples both internationally and domestically, following all regulatory requirements and IATA shipping guidelines.
- Manage the complete sample management aspect of all assigned studies by working a flexible schedule when needed, cross-checking the work of teammates and proactively communicating with the Clinical Conduct Manager, Clinical Study Manager, sponsor contact or receiving laboratory as appropriate.
- Perform process audits.
- Staff management responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; development and coaching of employees; and team scheduling.
- Post high school education in life sciences or medical training preferred
- Maintenance of IATA Shipping Certification required.
Internal conduct or biological sample inventory experience preferred
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of staff as well as clients
- Microsoft Office/Outlook proficiency
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications