|Title:||Bioanalytical Intern - qPCR|
Celerion is hiring a Bioanalytical Intern - qPCR in our rapidly growing Bioanalytical Division. Come work in our new state of the art laboratory.
At Celerion, we are helping to change the world through clinical research. Are you up for the challenge? This is an amazing internship opportunity where you will be able to work with cutting edge biotechnology, gain industry experience with real world examples and learn about the drug discovery process.
Location: Our headquarters are in Lincoln, NE, just south of downtown.
You will perform simple analysis of clinical samples from various biological matrices using molecular biology techniques. The work in this role will result in an internal presentation / or report at the end of the summer which may be used in a Celerion presentation or publication.
- You will perform molecular biology studies using techniques including PCR, RNA extraction, etc.
- Work on projects of diverse scope and disease areas
- Contribute to publications and presentations
- Process/extract samples both manually and using automation
- Prepare solutions/reagents
- Record and document test data in notebooks and binders
- Meet or exceed Celerion standards including timelines and quality
- Perform other various assigned tasks
- Majoring in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, or equivalent; Junior or Senior status or pursuing an advanced degree
- Previous lab course experience or lab internship experience
- Must have experience in nucleic acid purification, proficiency with PCR and familiarity with automated qPCR or digital PCR technology
- Basic lab skills (pipetting, preparing solutions)
- Proficiency with computers; MS Office Suite
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work an occasional weekend, as needed
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time in an efficient manner
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Ability to commit to 4- 6 months of work
- Ability to work 10 hours per week between the hours of 8am-5pm while school is in session
- Ability to work 20-30 hours per week during the summer
- Ability to work an occasional weekend
Celerion, a leader in early clinical research services, is a global company with over 1,000 employees worldwide. Our unique combination of medical expertise, clinical operations experience and scientific excellence provides our customers with the confidence to make fast, accurate decisions about their drug development path within the clinical research process. Our founding mission is to help our clients get their drugs to market quickly, so that they touch the lives of our family, friends and people in need around the world.
Celerion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, qualified protected veteran status, or disability.