|Title:||Assistant System Administrator|
|Job Status:||Full-time, Benefited|
Celerion, a leading global clinical research company, is seeking an Assistant System Administrator to join our team. This full time, benefited position will generally work 8am-5pm. At times off hours are needed occasionally to support updates and implementations.
Location: On site in Tempe, AZ.
The Assistant System Administrator is responsible for effective operation, and maintenance of server hardware and software and related infrastructure. This position will also assist the Systems Administrator with provisioning, installation/configuration.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform Active Directory management tasks.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier I support from various constituencies.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies under the guidance of the System Administrator and the Enterprise Infrastructure Manager.
- Perform software patches and upgrades under the guidance of the System Administrator.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures for the server environment
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years hands on experience with server-based technologies.
- Certifications: MTA and Network+ preferred.
- Systems: Windows server 2003/2008, XP, 7, Cisco IOS, and VMware a plus.
- Networking protocol understanding: DHCP, DNS, WINS, TCP/IP subnetting, and Ethernet switching VLANs.
- Understanding of Ethernet cabling technologies preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and leadership skills with the ability to build credibility quickly, influence and make recommendations to all levels.
- Experience with IT systems processes and controls.
- Strong analytical abilities, self-initiative, and professional office experience a must.
- Proven track record of exemplary job performance and customer support.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at once.
- Voice experience is a plus
Please apply at www.celerion.com.