|Title:||2nd shift Senior Sample Management Technician|
|Job Status:||Full-time, Benefited|
Celerion, a leading international research organization, has an opening as a 2nd shift Senior Sample Management Technician in our Bioanalytical Division in Lincoln, NE.
This position offers a full time evening schedule working in an independent, nicotine- free work environment.
Essential Functions include:
- Receive and check-in biological samples
- Complete all record-keeping required for check-in, samples transfer log for chain of custody and freezer log
- Communicate with client or sites as required for sample coordination and return
- Manual entry of sample data
- Store samples for long-term storage
- Rack samples for production
- Keep all samples in order and in correct freezers
- Count samples at the end of each study
- Perform data entry for sample receipt area
- Return samples to client or other specified party
- Daily monitoring of refrigerators and freezers, including regular maintenance (defrosting) with proper documentation
- Maintain clean organized environments in lab space and freezer rooms
- Be on-call to help with possible freezer shutdown/ moving of samples to another freezer or refrigerator for all of BAS during non-business hours
4pm - 12am, each day Monday-Friday. Training will be during daytime hours for 3-4 weeks before moving to 2nd shift.
- High school diploma or GED required, an Associate’s degree in a related field is preferred
- Previous sample management or inventory experience is required
- Experience with cooled/frozen storage environments is a plus
- To prevent sample contamination, nicotine- free candidates are preferred
- Previous lab or science experience or training is preferred
- Must have excellent leadership and communication skills
- Microsoft Office experience is required
- Must be self-motivated and a team player
To apply, please visit www.celerion.com.