|Title:||2nd shift Senior Sample Management Technician|
|Job Status:||Full-time, Benefited|
Celerion, a leading international research organization, has an opening as a 2nd shift Senior Sample Management Technician.
Location: Our headquarters are in Lincoln, NE, just south of downtown in our Bioanalytical Division.
Are you detail oriented, organized and passionate about science? If so, we have a role for you. This role is critical to ensuring the entire team efficient. Want to learn more?
This position offers a full time evening schedule working in an independent, nicotine- free work environment.
- You will receive and check-in biological samples and complete all record-keeping required for check-in, samples transfer log for chain of custody and freezer log
- You will actively communicate with clients or sites as required for sample coordination and return
- Perform manual entry of sample data and data entry for sample receipt area
- Store samples for long-term storage and rack samples for production and keep all samples in order and in correct freezers
- Count samples at the end of each study; handle the return of samples to client or other specified party
- Daily monitoring of refrigerators and freezers, including regular maintenance (defrosting) with proper documentation
- Maintain clean organized environments in lab space and freezer rooms
- Be on-call to help with possible freezer shutdown/ moving of samples to another freezer or refrigerator for all of Bioanalytical Services during non-business hours
4pm - 12am, daily, Monday-Friday. Training will be during daytime hours for 3-4 weeks before moving to 2nd shift.
- High school diploma or GED required, an Associate’s degree in a related field is ideal
- Previous sample management or inventory experience is necessary
- Experience with cooled or frozen storage environments is a plus
- To prevent sample contamination, we prefer that you are nicotine- free
- Previous lab or science experience or training is helpful
- You will have excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Office experience is required
- Seeking someone who is self-motivated and an outstanding team member
To apply, please visit www.celerion.com.