|Job Status:||Full-time, Benefited|
Celerion, a global contract research company, is hiring a Systems Administrator to join the IT team.
Do you have a strong background in Information Systems and server support? Are you seeking a role that will allow you to use your IT experience to lead projects? Are you a technical thinker with the ability to understand people at all levels of an organization? If this sounds like you, we can’t wait to learn more about you!
The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure.
Location: Our headquarters are in Lincoln, NE, just south of downtown. This position may allow a combination of site based and home based work.
- You will offer provisioning related solutions for various projects and operational needs
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities
- Partner with on-site support staff (OSS) to resolve day-to-day tickets and trouble-shooting for “2nd level” support to resolve issues related to the server and network infrastructure
- Suggest, research, plan, and implement Infrastructure projects that are aligned with business initiatives and objectives
- Share ideas, projects, and best technology practices that will ensure our organization remains competitive in the market place
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years hands on experience with server-based technologies Microsoft Windows NT Server and above required
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows NT Workstation and above required
- In depth understanding of support technologies: Active Directory Domain Services with GPO, WSUS, NPS and DFS Management
- Networking protocol understanding: DHCP, DNS, WINS, TCP/IP subnetting, and Ethernet switching VLANs.
- Understanding of Ethernet cabling technologies preferred
- Certifications: Microsoft 2008/2012 MCSA and VMware (VCP6-DCV) are a plus
Shift: Normal business hour with implementations during off hours
Celerion, a leader in early clinical research services, is a global company with over 1,000 employees worldwide. Our unique combination of medical expertise, clinical operations experience and scientific excellence provides our customers with the confidence to make fast, accurate decisions about their drug development path within the clinical research process. Our founding mission is to help our clients get their drugs to market quickly, so that they touch the lives of our family, friends and people in need around the world.
Celerion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, qualified protected veteran status, or disability.