Cardiologist - Therapeutic Area Leader
|Title:||Cardiologist - Therapeutic Area Leader|
|Department:||Early Clinical Research|
|Location:||Location is Flexible|
Celerion, a leading global early clinical research services provider, seeks an experienced Cardiologist to lead and expand Celerion’s capabilities in cardiac safety assessment and cardiovascular research. This is a unique opportunity to join an experienced research team and build on Celerion’s successful early clinical research reputation.
Role: The role of the Cardiologist - Therapeutic Area Leader is a key scientific leadership position at Celerion. By teaming with experienced scientific and operations personnel, the cardiologist can leverage Celerion’s state-of-the art facilities and advanced technologies to provide robust assessments of cardiac safety of new drug candidates. As the medical and regulatory aspects of cardiovascular research continue to evolve, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to be an industry leader in applying efficient and effective cardiovascular testing paradigms in a highly controlled clinical pharmacology research setting. We will consider Full-Time or Part-Time employment. The position may be home-based from your current location or located in one of our clinical sites.
Education, Training and Skills:
- Provide key medical advice into the design, execution and analysis of cardiac safety studies including TQTc studies and other robust electrocardiology assessments.
- Work with Celerion’s scientific leaders to leverage emerging technologies to provide better, faster and cost effective methods of applying translational medicine in cardiovascular research.
- Provide direct support to Marketing and Business Development teams to continually improve and promote Celerion’s value proposition in the Cardiovascular Therapeutic Area. Ensure the Business Development team is well trained in communicating the value of Celerion’s cardiovascular assessments to clients
- Publish articles/abstracts in key journals, and development/delivery of presentations to support meetings and grow medical/scientific credibility with clients.
- Consult on projects for molecules in the Cardiovascular Therapeutic Area; assisting clients to build the clinical drug development bridge to Clinical Proof-of-Concept and beyond.
- Participate with other scientific leaders to plan company strategy around implementing new innovations and study designs that address key client needs for better information, faster in early clinical drug development.
- MD with specialization in the cardiovascular field.
- High level of understanding of the drug development process and knowledge of applicable scientific terminology.
- Experience with drug development projects and teams.
- Experience leading multi-functional work groups or teams.
- Experience working across global business sites.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Up to 25% travel is required.
Celerion’s business is applied translation medicine. As the world’s leading contract research organization whose sole focus is on conducting clinical pharmacology and early clinical research studies, Celerion’s services are valued by both large global pharmaceutical organizations and emerging biotechnology companies. Through studies conducted at its own research clinics as well as within a network of partnering specialty sites, Celerion provides rapid answers that help with critical go, no-go decisions in early drug development. Celerion operates two bioanalytical laboratories where the latest analytical technologies are leveraged to provide quantitative measures of drug, metabolite and biomarkers in samples collected from humans participating in research studies. Moreover, Celerion’s Clinical Pharmacology Sciences group is among the world’s largest groups providing specialty pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and statistical analyses and reporting for early clinical research sponsored by the pharmaceutical industry. With over 750 employees and over 40 years of experience conducting early clinical research Celerion is the provider of choice for many of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. In addition, Celerion scientists bring a depth of experience in drug development that is proving important for growing businesses in Asia and other parts of the world.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications
The personal information that we request from job candidates is required so that we may evaluate your application for employment against opportunities in the organization, and communicate with you regarding the status of your application. Once you have provided us with personal information, it will be used solely for such purposes. We will not provide your personal information to third parties without your consent. If you are applying from Europe, please be advised that your personal information, including your name, address, and education, will be transferred abroad to Celerion, Inc., the Celerion operating parent located in the United States, for the employment application purposes as set forth above. By submitting your application of employment you are consenting to Celerionís privacy practice and transfer and use of your personal information as outlined above.
For United States new hires, we participate in the E-Verify program. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that allows employers to verify the employment eligibility of their employees, regardless of citizenship.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Celerion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, qualified protected veteran status, or disability.